Thursday, November 30, 2006

Communiqué #1

Since this is my first post, I think it's only natural to explain why I decided to start a blog and what to expect from it.
After putting the idea of starting a blog on the back burner, I guess what compelled me to do it was the Arab Film Festival at the Arab American National Museum, which opens tomorrow night (Friday) at 6pm. What's of particular importance is the fact that TWO films by Yemeni filmmakers will be screened at the festival. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is about as rare as the planets aligning! Shit, this like O.J. admitting that he did it, or better yet, like Richard Simmons winning the UFC Heavyweight title! I've never been this psyched about a film festival, so I figure I might well start a blog and write some film reviews, which I will try to post after each night of the festival.
Besides the upcoming event, I would say that reading my friends' blogs (Ibn Bint Jbeil, Transient, The Doghouse of Booya, The Arabican, etc.) had a lot to do with starting my own.
As far as what I'll post, expect a mishmash of short films and artwork (by yours truly), journal entries, political rants, film reviews, short shorties, and whatever the hell else comes to mind.

2 comments:

Ibn Bint Jbeil said...

wasssssssssup cuuuuuuuuuuuz!
welcome,
to your:
EMPIRE!!

empire, empire!

anyway, getting serious here, congratulations on the inception of the first day introducing you to the beginning of the initiation of the openning floodgates to a brand new, rejuvinated, brand new (did i say that already?) brand spanking new blog. welcome to the world of blogging! i see this as your graduation away from myspace and towards the more adult, sophisticated realm of the glogosphere and everything that it entails, including all the stupid, pointless, futile and inconsequential blogs you'll come across, mainly the ones about cats and chocolate cake, but also the ones about politics and art. you will spend countless hours commenting about other people's comments and hurriedly scurrying from blog to blog trying to keep up. anyway, i really am trying to welcome and encourage you. YEAH! and thank you for commenting on my poetry, it's very helpful.

blog on, sister!

transient said...

Oh my heavens! Ya man, If this is not a sign of the end of the world, I don't know what is. I may lose my job, I'll be checking you blog so often to read what derainged humor and fantastically disturbing insight your mind can transfer to the blogoshpere.